The Ministry of Health plans to resolve issues of providing medical care to veterans and disabled combatants within the framework of the State Guarantees Program. A standard regulation for a war veterans’ hospital has been developed.
The Ministry of Health has developed a standard regulation for a hospital for war veterans. The draft order was published on the portal regulation.gov.ru.
The document was developed in pursuance of clause 9 of the Minutes of the meeting of the Commission under the President of the Russian Federation for Persons with Disabilities dated October 12, 2022, which discussed, among other things, medical care and rehabilitation of disabled participants in a special military operation. It regulates the provision of assistance to veterans within the framework of the State Guarantees Program, organizational and methodological support for the activities of medical organizations in the regions, ensuring continuity in diagnosis and treatment, taking into account the peculiarities of the morbidity structure of this category, ensuring interdepartmental interaction with social protection authorities to assist in the preparation of medical documents for medical and social examination.
The War Veterans Hospital (WVH) is assigned the status of the leading multidisciplinary medical organization on the territory of the subject to provide assistance primarily to veterans and disabled people of the Great Patriotic War, combat operations and military service veterans. The institution can provide specialized, including high-tech, medical care, palliative medical care, medical rehabilitation, and sanatorium-resort treatment.
It is recommended to provide the following structural units in the GVV:
- call center;
- Consultative and diagnostic department (center, clinic);
- reception department;
- office (department) of clinical pharmacology;
- office of an epidemiologist (epidemiological department);
- geriatric department;
- cardiology department;
- department of medical rehabilitation of adults for patients with somatic diseases;
- department of anesthesiology and intensive care with resuscitation and intensive care wards for the adult population;
- therapeutic department;
- neurological department;
- ophthalmology department;
- otorhinolaryngology department;
- surgery department;
- Department of Traumatology and Orthopedics;
- urology department;
- organizational and methodological department;
- pathology department;
- treatment and diagnostic units (laboratories, departments of radiation, ultrasound, radioisotope, functional diagnostics, transfusiology, physical therapy, physiotherapy).
By decision of the founder, regional centers of specialized medical care, including a geriatric center, can be organized in the hospital.